Why I am drinking a bottle of lemon water every day in March
I’m challenging myself to drink a large glass of lemon water every day in March. You should join me! Why? I’ve explained it all below…
Lemon water has some fantastic health benefits, and it is so easy (and tasty) to make and drink. I made it even easier by purchasing a Citrus Zinger water bottle from Zinganything.com (Pictured above in pink). You don't have to buy a special water bottle, but I’m more inclined to make the lemon water if I have a cool water bottle (I can’t be the only one).
- Weight loss aid - Lemon water is naturally cleansing due to its diuretic properties and liver cleansing abilities. This can help with bloating and weight loss due to better digestion and mindful water consumption.
- Helps lower LDL (bad) cholesterol: If you have high cholesterol lemons themselves can probably not fix the problem, but they can help the problem. Lemons have Pectin which is a water soluble fiber that binds to cholesterol, and removes it from the blood. Keep in mind that the pectin is highest in the peel of the lemon. If you are drinking lemon water for the Pectin properties make sure to zest the lemon and put it into your water.
- Immune system boosting - The vitamin C in lemons helps protect cells as an antioxidant and improves iron absorption.
- Promotes healthy skin - The vitamin C in lemons also regenerates vitamin E supplies and develops collagen.
- Alkalizing - Although lemons are acidic, once they are metabolized by the body the content of the lemons helps to alkalize the body tissue to above a pH 7 (alkaline). This is beneficial because when your body is in an acidic state disease occurs.
Drink one water bottle full of lemon water every day for the month of March, and let me know how you feel! I am drinking from my Citrus Zinger water bottle which is 28 ounces… can you beat me?!